Energy Portfolio Risk, Volume and Forecasting Lead Analyst
Our client, a leading independent energy supplier with over 20 years’ experience servicing UK businesses, is looking for an Energy Portfolio Risk, Volume and Forecasting Lead Analyst to run, maintain, and build reports. Managing data to provide detailed reports and present strategic business recommendations.
• You will be responsible for developing, running and maintaining short term and long term portfolio demand forecasting tools as well as sustaining the required static and industry data alongside the portfolio positions reports.
• Manage hedging strategies and control the portfolio commodity and GM risk whilst using analytical tools and reports (MTM, VAR, etc) to run and maintain the energy market and GM risk metrics.
• You will maintain large customer external reporting and customer risk premium models performing analysis on large data sets to support impact analysis and business decision making.
• Detect, investigate and resolve all anomalous results, breaches of policies and limits.
• You will drive the modelling improvement across the team developing, coaching and supporting others at the same time as upskilling the team to introduce new analytical and modelling techniques.
• Responsibility for conducting periodic reviews of the team’s suite of models, databases and systems to identify and mitigate the operational risks within the team.
• You will contribute to the introduction of new pricing, risk modelling and similar systems through requirements building, details design, testing and implementation support.
• You will have extensive experience in energy markets with a particular focus on energy market risk management and portfolio forecasting.
• You must have strong Excel and VBA experience and be capable of coding in SQL & VBA. Experience of R/python would be beneficial.
• Proven experience in data handling, processing, manipulation and analysis with high numeric competency is vital. Analytical skills with an eye for detail and accuracy is essential along with financial modelling, statistical and mathematical qualifications and experience.
• Excellent problem-solving skills are a must with the ability to handle complex issues and provide innovative solutions.
• Motivation to learn, develop and innovate, with a drive to improve models and modelling techniques is crucial. You will be proactive and curious and contribute to team discussions and debates, sharing opinions in a constructive and collaborative manner.
What’s in it for you?
• A competitive salary and benefits package
• Career progression opportunities
• Profit share
• Enhanced Pension Scheme
• Enhanced annual leave options
• Private Medical Insurance
• Life insurance and Income protection
• Day off on your birthday
• Fresh fruit, snacks and breakfast every day
• Amazing company parties
• Stunning new office with true community feel
• Online learning account